Purple Forge recently did an iPhone application for Tim Hudak, leader of The Ontario PC Party. The application has been a great success – it has generated a huge amount of earned media for The Ontario PC Party. The application has also created a buzz in Twitter and Facebook with hundreds of mentions.
The message of The Ontario PC Party around the application is simple:
- First Canadian political party leader with their own iPhone application
- The party wants to connect with younger and older voters who are quickly turning to mobile devices for information
- Embracing technology to be the most modern and effective campaign
Three very good articles are:
- The Hudak App goes live: Thoughts about mobile apps and politics
- Hudak gets his own iPhone app
- New smartphone apps let politicians call for cash
The application went to the Top 100 for Social Networking in the Canadian iTunes App Store on the first day it was announced.
Download the application and let me know what you think – firstname.lastname@example.org.