The Curiosity mission photos are exceptionally boring as it makes it’s way slowly to its first destination Glenelg.
This is a photo of a tire track on Mars:
The evidence of an ancient stream-bed is the only image of mild interest so far:
At this point the existence of water on Mars is pretty compelling based on all the evidence from the past 40+ years of Mars research starting back with Mariner 9.
It’s been almost five years and the Mars Rovers, originally intended to operate for 3 months, are still driving around on the surface of Mars. NASA has produced a short video on the achievement.
The Ontario Commercialization Network Steering Committee Report was delivered to the Minister late February. PWC produced a report on OCN prior to the Steering Committee Report but it was not made public.
The report makes some blunt assessments of serious problems with Ontario’s current approach to economic development and commercialization. Some key findings include:
- Lack of co-ordination and sharing across many fragmented organizations
- Lack of overall governance
- Lack of clear entry-point for clients/entrepreneurs
- Lack of metrics and performance targets
- Need for better co-ordination between Provincial and Federal governments
- Economic conditions demand quick action
Key recommendations include specifics related to:
- Fixing the governance model
- Fixing the delivery model
- Reducing overlaps of products and services within the Province and between the Province and Federal programs
The report was one of the best i’ve seen so far – it cuts directly to the issues and provides some very rational recommendations.