Purple Forge has done very well since our launch, we have won international recognition and awards, including:
- American Association of Political Consultants – Gold Pollie Award for Best Use of Mobile Technology in a Campaign 2010
- Start Up to Watch – 2010
- Aristotle Campaign Dream Team – Top Mobile Campaigner 2010
- CATA Ericsson Award for Outstanding Product Achievement (Content and Application Mobility Industry) 2011
- Aristotleʼs 2011 Global Campaign Dream Team
- Six Pollie Awards at the annual American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC) awards 2011
- Digital Alberta Government 2.0 Award 2011
Pretty cool stuff!
Here are some pics of John Craig at some award ceremonies:
Digital Alberta Government 2.0
CATA Ericsson Award for Outstanding Product Achievement (Content and Application Mobility Industry)
If you are an entrepreneur in the Ottawa region working on launching or growing your start-up, the following organizations have the most to offer:
- The Ottawa Network – Networking events – connect with like-minded entrepreneurs and suppliers – membership fee (negligible) and per-event fees (negligible)
- TiE - Educational and networking events focused on wealth creation – membership fee and per-event fees
- Lead to Win – Education and support in growing your company (introductions, advice) – all free
- CLD - Support in growing your company (grants, loans)
- IRAP - Support in growing your company (grants, advice, introductions)
- The Code Factory – Incubator space (inexpensive) and networking events/workshops (usually free)
Yesterday I attended the TiE event on “Leveraging Government Funding – Sources and Strategies”. It was a good session. For any aspiring entrepreneur in Ottawa, I highly recommend joining the TiE organization.
For those entrepreneurs looking for alternative sources of capital for their start-up, a very good site which provides comprehensive information to help you find available programs from Federal and Provincial governments is
Morgan Stanley recently published data on key economy and internet trends. The presentation is available online at various locations, including SlideShare below:
Some key highlights:
- Mobile internet usage will be bigger than most think
- Apple Mobile share should suprise on upside near-term
- Next generation platforms (social networking + mobile) driving unprecedented change in communications + commerce
The Lead to Win program is accepting applications for the November session.
If you are interested in creating your own company – check out the program at http://www.leadtowin.ca.
Spaces are limited and the program has been over subscribed for every session held so if you are interested do not delay getting your application submitted.
Check out some of the companies that have successfully made it to Phase III of Lead to Win.
I am involved in a new book that is now out. Members of the local Ottawa tech community have gotten together to produce a new book called “the Entrepreneurial Effect” with the foreword by Terry Matthews. It is a collection of practical lessons learned.
The book is meant to be a knowledge source for those decisions we face as we start and grow our companies, for example, the real story behind risk and investment, how to pick resellers, selling in China, and the only reasons to consider M&As.
It is also worth noting that all the authors have donated their knowledge.
All proceeds of the book will go to support student technology entrepreneurship!
Get implementable advice and support a great cause.
Check it out at: www.entrepreneurialeffect.com
Stay tuned for information on the book launch date which will be on an upcoming evening. It will be an evening worth going to.